Let's Call It Love

"So you want to be entertained?"

Monday, June 19, 2006

The Lake House (PRO and cons of seeing it)

(This post is being written to the sounds of "Mix 1")

I'll leave out plot details for anyone who actually wants to see it.

My family wanted to see a movie tonight, so someone picked The Lake House and we watched it. It was not a great choice for many reasons (and some big ones that were completely unrelated to the film.)

Cons:

-First of all, the audience was horrible. My own brother kept asking questions in an unnecessarily loud voice. The kids - okay, I'll be fair, they were teenagers - in the row behind us kept talking during the quiet parts of the movie, especially during the emotionally important parts.

-Another letdown was Keanu Reeve's performance. Sandra Bullock did a decent job with a fairly crappy script.

-The layout/order of the story seemed okay to me, but my parents were still really confused by it. It didn't seem to flow well enough to keep the attention of people who don't notice all the small details.

-Let's face it...predictable. If you're actually paying attention to what's going on, you'll be ten steps ahead of the characters. Well, considering the (Andy, hahaha, you put Mystery Girl! So, you must have gotten my photo caption earlier.) whole hook of the movie, it's kind of hard to have any sort of surprises.

-No character development. They try, but it comes across as cheesy.



PRO:

-Sandra Bullock's hair totally reminded me of Carrie Brownstein. At random points in the movie, the camera would show SB from a certain angle and all I could think of was CB. The plot went completely out the window.

1 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

"so someone picked The Lake House" uh huh... ;op

"Another letdown was Keanu Reeve's performance." ??? I think that's the standard for him.

I read the basic premise and the slightly sci-fi element to it and it sounded hoaky but the reviewer on sfgate gave it good reviews.

I can't stand Sandra Bullock. At all. She used to be cute but that's around the Speed days. Her hair IS similar. Carrie, the trend setter!

(I did get yr YYY photo caption earlier but it's a total coincidence)

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home