Let's Call It Love

"So you want to be entertained?"

Monday, August 21, 2006

The end of the S-K summer

I'm carpooling to school in an effort to make amends for driving an SUV (a small one - Ford Escape).

We got the 2005 model, right before they introduced the hybrid version. If they had put the hybrid out a few months earlier...man, regrets.

School started today. I had one class. I spent two hours waiting for my carpool partner to finish class. I spent the time checking Julia's S-K blog, reading S-K related messages on MySpace, posting S-K related messages on MySpace, looking for s-k.net, and wondering when the darn thing is going to come back. Please come back.

Today I wore the shirt my mom bought for me at the Oregon Zoo. It's bright blue with a monkey face on the front and a monkey tail on the back. It says "Oregon Zoo" above the monkey face. One of my professors - an environmental engineer - always used to tell us about the tall ponderosa pine trees in the Oregon Cascades. I told my fellow engineers that I went to Oregon to look at the ponderosa pine trees because I want to get into the environmental aspect of civil engineering.

One girl (who knows me relatively well) knew I was lying. "No...you went because..."

Honestly, I did want to see the pine trees. I do want to go into environmental engineering. That much is true. A trip with S-K and Northwestern nature! What a great summer!!

The sleeves today were long enough to cover up my tan. It's not going to go away easily. I don't mind. It's the best souvenir I've ever gotten.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home