Let's Call It Love

"So you want to be entertained?"

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Carrieisms, part 1

I've scrapped "Carrie word of the week" because I've been too busy to keep up with the reading. Instead, I'll just do "Carrie words, part (#)" as I get the time.

Today, though, it's the debut of another periodical special, focusing on our favorite socio-linguist. That's right, we all love the Carrieisms. Look for "Corinisms" and "Janetisms" in the near future. I realize I have been focusing on Carrie more than Corin and Janet, but the three share equal places as my musical heroes. Carrie just seems to be the one who does the most talking/writing when it comes to interviews and articles.


This Carrieism isn't particularly witty or poetic, but is rather personal for me.





Devil In The Woods, May 2005


We were looking for ways to wake up the audience and the listener and try to be more interactive, because things have gotten less interactive than they were 8 or 10 years ago. More passive audiences, people used to watching music, people who aren't used to going to shows and freaking out - we wanted that.

-Carrie Brownstein



My response:


Dear Carrie,

I am pleased to share with you that am I exactly that person you are talking about. At your most recent Portland shows (8/11 & 8/12), I absolutely freaked out while watching S-K play. If it were possible for you to ask anyone who knows me whether or not this is my typical behavior, they will surely tell you, "No." Thank you for giving me a chance to experience interactive music for the first time in my life.

-Celeste

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home