Let's Call It Love

"So you want to be entertained?"

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Sooner Than I Expected

I was hoping they would survive at least another album.

Sleater-Kinney is the best therapy I have ever found. They inspired me. They made me feel good when there was nothing to feel good about. They gave me something to look forward to.

I thank them from the bottom of my heart. They were truly unique. Never before and never again.

Listening to their songs now, it all has new meaning for me. Each song says goodbye.

I do hope that they are all well, and that Marshall is the reason for this, because he is a damn good reason for an "indefinite hiatus." That is completely understandable.

Goodbye, Sleater-Kinney. I love you, Janet Weiss, Corin Tucker, and Carrie Brownstein. You'll always be the queens of rock and roll in my heart.

1 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

...

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home