Let's Call It Love

"So you want to be entertained?"

Monday, September 25, 2006

Self defense

I've signed up for a gun and knife defense class. I had to pay $30 for a yellow rubber gun and a red plastic knife. The class itself was $150. I've already learned some gun and knife defense from the regular taekwondo classes, but this is a special class dedicated to learning as much as possible about defending against these weapons.



Someone once attempted to rob my mom with a knife at the gas station. She's a quick thinker though, so she sent him running. A wonderful bassist that I was fortunate enough to play with several times was shot in the head (his wife also).

I'm not going to pretend that these things will only happen to other people and never to me.

I know that if I'm ever faced with a situation where I have to fight someone who is holding a gun or knife, I'm not going to get away unhurt. Chances are I won't get away alive, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't try. I've been taught to expect to get cut and to expect the gun to go off. Right. Easier said than done. Alright, Celeste, expect shit like this to happen.

I just hope I never never NEVER freeze up and let people do as they please with me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heck! reading that makes me realiise we live in differant societies. I admire your acceptanced that this is the thing to do. I hope that you never have cause to use the self defence skils.

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home