Let's Call It Love

"So you want to be entertained?"

Friday, October 06, 2006

School days

Today I brought my laptop to school to work on a lab report. A friend and I had a long break so I made her watch the performance of Modern Girl from BTS. Then, I showed her Jumpers on Henry Rollins. I was jumping around the whole time and she was nodding her head.

I think we have another convert.

THEN, a guy in our class came over to us while she was watching Jumpers and he asked me what Sleater-Kinney sounds like. I was a little embarassed that I couldn't describe them to him at all. There were just no words. I think he's curious now because he got a few glimpses of Carrie's jumps/kicks (which made my friend laugh in awe), Janet's robot arms, and Corin's intense singing face. He's going to convert soon, I just know it.

When it was time for class (a lab period that we spent making concrete), my friend and I were singing. I started singing parts of Entertain and Modern Girl while I was cleaning our concrete molds, making Carrie's hand gestures with a scraper in my hand. I think I'm probably a really irritating classmate.



On a completely unrelated note (my printer just ate a perfectly good piece of paper and I'm too irritated to go back to doing homework), I really really really miss this:




We went to Lake Tahoe this past winter. I hope we can go see snow again this winter. I don't like living in a place that doesn't have four seasons. It's no fun. No rock 'n roll fun.

LeTigre is telling me to get off the internet, so I guess I should.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home