Let's Call It Love

"So you want to be entertained?"

Sunday, June 04, 2006

"Slayer-Kittie?" Part II

I was driving a friend home tonight after our jam session. We started talking about how much Jewish people can rock. I got really excited and started trying to explain how two women in my favorite band are Jewish and how hard they rock. I put on The Woods and exclaimed, "This is Sleater-Kinney, my favorite band!!!"

Him: "What??"
Me: "Sleater-Kinney!!"
Him: "...what...?..."
Me: "Slayyyyterrr Kinnnneeeeeee!!!!!!!"
Him: "Oh, I thought you said 'kitty.'"

Yeah, so neither of the two guys who I played with today knew about S-K, so none of the stuff I was playing made them really excited. Plus, since I tuned my guitar to match Carrie's, it got confusing. I tried tuning it up to match the other guitar but I had put on thicker strings earlier and the tension was too much for my tremolo bridge. It refused to be tuned up.

Where are all the S-K lovers?! Play covers with me, pleeeeeeeaaaaaaaaase.

Oh, and I probably heard one of the worst pickup lines ever.

"Do you sing? Sing a song!"
"I only sing in the shower. Would you like to join me?"

Hahahaha, bad one. I don't know, maybe the slutty girls would like that one. It caught me off guard so I just smiled awkwardly and wished that I was somewhere far, far away.

It looks like I won't be able to make any of the east coast S-K shows after all. :(
Yep, I'm only missing my one opportunity to see the greatest band in the world, playing songs from their entire career at a non-festival show. This depresses me more than stupid boys. It's that bad. I think I'll go play some more S-K covers by myself now.
(insert emo face here)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home