Let's Call It Love

"So you want to be entertained?"

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Good? Bad? No, I'm so confused.

I was blasting my iTunes on shuffle while gluing and hammering the laminates onto the stairs today. My mom came home to see the progress. She was walking into the house as Carrie was talking about registering to vote in a live recording of "I Don't Care." My mom obviously didn't hear the part, "So who's planning to vote Bush out of office?"

They started singing as my mom knelt down to look at the first step. She said, "Hmmm, who's singing?" I thought she knew the obvious answer but I waited a few seconds to see if she actually couldn't tell. She asked me again, "Who is this?" I said, "It's the band I'm going to see in Portland." I've given up saying "Sleater-Kinney" because no one understands what I'm saying.

Mom: "WOW! This sounds good! It's better than the other songs. Some of them are so weird."
Me: "..."
Mom: "Yeah, this is a good song..."

At this point, Carrie started screaming, "I DON'T CARE!!!"

Mom: "Except when they start screaming."
Me: *laughs*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home